The Scheduler is responsible to coordinate and maintain scheduling for Right at Home clients and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understands and adheres to established Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains staff schedules.
- Provides staffing for sick leave, vacation, long term leave.
- Schedules client appointments/visits according to care plans and staff availability.
- Enters scheduling data, creates schedules.
- Contacts care providers and clients regarding day-to-day changes.
- Discerns client services required as outlined in agreements, urgent requests and care plans.
- Enters staff and client information into database.
- Maintains staff and client database (e.g. employee assessments, dates and reminders of TB, client admission, client hospital admission and discharge).
- Maintains staff and client statistics, and reports.
- Maintains call – in and retention report.
- Performs general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopies, files, shreds, sort/distributes mail, provides reception and telephone services.
- Takes calls after hours and weekends to handle emergencies, scheduling issues, and client referrals and intakes.
Qualifications and Skills
- H.S. Diploma or GED.
- PRIOR HOME CARE SCHEDULING EXPERIENCE A PLUS
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel and scheduling program.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to carry out directions, read and write effectively.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to be successful in a very fast-paced environment.
- The required extensive client communications require exceptional phone presence and patience
$13.00 to $16.00 /hour
High school or equivalent