Join a great atmosphere with a dedicated team who enjoy improving the life of others. Retirees and all ages are encouraged to apply. Reliable transportation is a must.
- Flexible Schedule - Full and Part Time Hours, with several options available
- Over Time
- Ongoing training and continuing education opportunities
- A rewarding career with growth
- Make a difference and improve the lives of others in need
A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator/Operations Manager.
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for clients according to client/family and supervisor's instructions. May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The homemaker is responsible for written documentation of service provided.
1. High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
2. 1 year paid, supervised experience working with seniors and successful written and skill testing by return demonstration.
3. The Homemaker/Companion shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation.
4. Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
6. Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
7. Must pass a BCI background check.