Join Southeast Michigan's Best Care Team
At Right at Home we are seeking individuals who have empathy, patience, compassion, and who truly want to positively impact the lives for those they serve. We are dedicated to our mission and committed to our clients and caregivers alike. We take interest in peoples lives, regardless if it's a caregiver or client. We care about our staff and want to improve their lives as well as the lives of our clients.
A Home Health Aide provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
Location: Westland, MI and the Surrounding Areas
Pay Range: $11 - $15 per hour depending on experience and the case
Benefits of Working for Right at Home
We encourage open communication with our caregivers and look for ways to not only thank them for their service, but to also check in and see if there's anything we can do for them. We have goodies for them on Fridays, gift cards on their birthdays, and we recognize positive feedback with RAH shirts and thank you cards.
- Flexible Hours — We offer flexible full or part time hours
- On-going training and continuing education through Right at Home University
- Referral Program - $50.00 Cash Bonus for any caregiver that refers someone and they stay employed for 90 days
- Performance Recognition
- Good Attendance Incentives
- Birthday Celebrations
- Rewarding Career — Join a great atmosphere with a dedicated team who enjoy improving the life of others
- Retirees and all ages are encouraged to apply
- Alzheimer Association caregiver support groups, Hospice support groups and coping training
Training and Ongoing Education
Our goal is to keep our aides educated and updated on the latest information and techniques to make the client/caregiver home care experience the best it can be. We provide in-house training with our local healthcare partners along with access to our online training portal.
Before going to a client, we talk to each caregiver, in great length, about what the requirements of the case are, the care plan, and our expectations. We always do a meet and greet on the first shift and always follow up with both the client and the caregiver after the shift.
We offer specialty training through our local healthcare partners including Hospice, ALS, Dementia, and Parkinson’s training.
Essential Functions1. Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
4. Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
2. Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
3. Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
4. Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
6. Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.
7. This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.