AlzBetter Program: Training Designed to Care for Individuals Living with Alzheimer's and Dementia
Quick Navigation:⇒ AlzBetter Process
⇒ AlzBetter Training
⇒ AlzBetter Family Support
Do you have a loved one who is living with Alzheimer's disease? At Right at Home Delaware County, we understand the emotional toll this can put on you. We know caring for a person living with Alzheimer's or another form of dementia requires a special level of training and compassion. To serve your family better, we have invested in the AlzBetter program. This comprehensive training helps our managers and caregivers understand the progression of the disease allowing them to pro-actively provide care as your loved one's needs change. The AlzBetter training teaches our caregivers the techniques and skills necessary to handle even the most problematic behaviors associated with Alzheimer's.
Why Choose an AlzBetter Provider?
Alzheimer's disease is a gradual degenerative brain disease which progresses differently in each individual. As the disease progresses, your loved one's needs will change. For years, Gary Skole watched his clients progress through Alzheimer's but felt ill-equipped to systematically anticipate and manage their care needs. He saw a need for a new type of training program – one that would help his caregivers provide individualized care for their clients. Based on his experience, he began to develop the AlzBetter program.
The AlzBetter training system is one-of-a-kind. Unlike other dementia training programs, which focus on one aspect of the disease, AlzBetter focuses on the person holistically and seeks to help them maintain who they were, for as long as possible, before the disease began to rob them of themselves. AlzBetter leverages thorough assessments and state-of-the-art software to help your loved one's hand-selected caregiver offer the best care possible.
The AlzBetter Process
- Assessment: Providing a proper assessment for your loved one is the first step to getting them the right care they need. The assessment looks at five different areas:
- Daily Balance: The results of your loved one's assessment are processed by the software and a schedule is developed that balances your loved one's ability to perform daily tasks with other activities that make them feel productive and whole.
- Ongoing Evaluations: The AlzBetter software helps our caregivers remain vigilant and act on their observations over time. The Quality of Life tool helps our caregivers assess and track the reaction to ensure your loved one's needs are being meant, and we are providing them with enriching activities they enjoy.
The AlzBetter training was created by in-home care professionals for in-home care professionals. Their first-hand experience providing Alzheimer's care in an in-home setting enables them to deliver the training our caregivers and managers need to be effective. As active practitioners in the field of Alzheimer's care, AlzBetter trainers deliver ongoing training to ensure our caregivers are providing your loved one with the individualized care you expect from an in-home care agency.
- On-demand Training: AlzBetter training begins with 16 video courses for caregivers, office staff and managers. This advanced training ensures your loved one's care meets their needs.
- Ongoing Training: Our caregivers and office staff benefit from ongoing trainings, webinars and the opportunity to learn from other AlzBetter in-home care trained professionals around the United States. When you select Right at Home Delaware County as your in-home care provider, you can have confidence our staff is trained and up-to-date on the best practices.
- Live Coaching: Even the most comprehensive training can't prepare caregivers for every situation that will arise. With the AlzBetter program, our caregivers, managers and office staff have access to a dedicated AlzBetter coach. Our AlzBetter coach, Mary, has 30+ years of experience working with individuals living with Alzheimer's and dementia and is an invaluable resource as we strive to deliver the most personalized Alzheimer's care to your loved one.
AlzBetter Family Support
When you use Right at Home Delaware County, the assistance your loved one receives doesn't end when your caregiver leaves. Using an AlzBetter provider gives your family special resources only available through an AlzBetter provider. These resources for your family can help you better manage the personality and behavioral changes associated with Alzheimer's.
- Teachable Moments Series: This video series is available to your Right at Home caregiver who can watch the videos with you and help you relate them to your special situation. These videos can help you handle manage the anxiety, irritability, depression, aggression and paranoia your loved one is experiencing as a result of their disease.
- AlzBetter Manual: This comprehensive resource is written in layman's terms and serves as a quick reference guide to help you make sense of certain behaviors and identify what triggers troubling behaviors.
Alzheimer's Care Your Family Deserves
Whether you need respite from your caregiving responsibilities or someone to help provide care for your loved one, Right at Home Delaware County has flexible service plans tailored to fit your needs. Call us to learn more today (610) 566-6650.