Join DesMoines Best Care Team!
As much as we are an advocate for our clients, we are equally dedicated to our Caregivers. It takes a very special person to provide the sensitivity and compassion required in order to assist someone in need. It all begins with the right care.
From Homemakers to CNA’s to Administrative Staff, we are all caregivers first and foremost. Our greatest strength is that of the individuals that tirelessly dedicate themselves to those that we serve. Our staff is committed to meeting people where they are and getting them to where they would like to be.
Location: Ankeny, IA
A Homemaker/Caregiver provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $10.50 - $12.25
Why Work For Right at Home?
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Caregiver Competition Teams – whereby teams can accrue points through performance measures and result in PTO
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee of the Month
- Caregiver of the Year
- Monthly Prize Drawing (e.g. Pick up an extra shift? Your name goes in to a drawing!)
- Annual Reviews
- $200 Referral Bonus (Bonus paid when they complete 90 days of employment)
- $25 “On Call” Reward
- Career advancement opportunities (Caregiver, Certified Nurse’s Assistant, Team Lead, Field Specialist, Office Staff etc.)
- Caregiver Advisory Board
Initial Training and Ongoing Education
After our two hour orientation our new Caregivers then shadow a Team Lead during a three hour shift for on the job training. Our Quality Care Team will then follow up with the Caregiver to assess any questions or concerns.
- Continued Education through Right at Home University
- On the Job Training
- In-service Training
- Adult and Elder Abuse Training
- One on One Coaching
- Proper Body Mechanics
Aside from Right at Home University, we conduct in-services as necessary regarding clients who suffer from brain injuries as well as tutorials on proper body mechanics. Caregivers are required to complete mandatory abuse training within six (6) months of employment. A Virtual Dementia Tour is available as well as a partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.