Join DesMoines Best Care Team!
As much as we are an advocate for our clients, we are equally dedicated to our Caregivers. It takes a very special person to provide the sensitivity and compassion required in order to assist someone in need. It all begins with the right care.
From Homemakers to CNA’s to Administrative Staff, we are all caregivers first and foremost. Our greatest strength is that of the individuals that tirelessly dedicate themselves to those that we serve. Our staff is committed to meeting people where they are and getting them to where they would like to be.
Location: Polk, Story, and Warren Counties
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Range: $10.50 - $12.25
Why Work For Right at Home?
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Caregiver Competition Teams – whereby teams can accrue points through performance measures and result in PTO
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee of the Month
- Caregiver of the Year
- Monthly Prize Drawing (e.g. Pick up an extra shift? Your name goes in to a drawing!)
- Annual Reviews
- $200 Referral Bonus (Bonus paid when they complete 90 days of employment)
- $25 “On Call” Reward
- Career advancement opportunities (Caregiver, Certified Nurse’s Assistant, Team Lead, Field Specialist, Office Staff etc.)
- Caregiver Advisory Board
Initial Training and Ongoing Education
After our two hour orientation our new Caregivers then shadow a Team Lead during a three hour shift for on the job training. Our Quality Care Team will then follow up with the Caregiver to assess any questions or concerns.
- Continued Education through Right at Home University
- On the Job Training
- In-service Training
- Adult and Elder Abuse Training
- One on One Coaching
- Proper Body Mechanics
Aside from Right at Home University, we conduct in-services as necessary regarding clients who suffer from brain injuries as well as tutorials on proper body mechanics. Caregivers are required to complete mandatory abuse training within six (6) months of employment. A Virtual Dementia Tour is available as well as a partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.