Senior Care Management Associates
Care Managers with Senior Care Management Associates are professionals who specialize in assisting seniors, disabled persons and their families in identifying and meeting long-term care needs. Staff have training in aging issues & extensive knowledge about the costs, quality and availability of services for individuals in the triangle area.
SMCA can provide the following services:
- Consultations: often seniors or disabled individuals and their families experience short-term or situational crises, which can be addressed more quickly and effectively through the use of professional consultant. One or more individualized sessions with a member of our professional staff will help identify problems and provide options for problem resolution.
- Care Management: in situations where individuals require on-going assistance, a Professional care manager continually assesses the needs of the client, develops and implements a plan of care, coordinates and monitors various aspects of daily living. Care managers work closely in a team effort with family, guardians, and other professionals to assure that ongoing needs of the client are met and necessary tasks are accomplished. The care manager involves the client in decision-making as appropriate, according to the client’s ability. Care management services may be short-term, lasting only a few months, or can be long-term in needed.
- Advanced Planning Services: this option is for individuals or couples who want to plan in advance for the decision-making when the need arises. This process begins by building your care network and establishes methods to carry out personal wishes at a designated future time. SCMA can also serve as an individual’s chosen agent in a health care power of attorney or can be a part of other plans to carry out individual instructions for the future.
- Evaluation & Needs Assessment: An evaluation by a member(s) of our professional staff includes a comprehensive needs assessment, which will help clients and families recognize special needs and concerns as well as identify options for problem solving. This individualized process may include a home evaluation, on or more client interviews, contact with family and care providers, plus a review of appropriate documents and written materials. A senior or disabled person’s physical, medical, emotional, social, financial and environmental situation are all considered when performing an evaluation.
- Coordination of Needed Services: After identifying current needs, Care Managers coordinate available community resources and provide ongoing monitoring to ensure that the needs of clients are met. Care Managers also provide crisis intervention and act as liaisons between healthcare providers and the client and his/her family members.
- Financial & Insurance Planning Services: SCMA can assist clients with monthly budgeting, manage accounts, pay bills & reconcile monthly statements on a short or long-term basis. As a licensed Long Term Care insurance agent and claims professional, we are available to assist with purchasing insurance, as well as reviewing Long Term Care insurance policies and assist you with the insurance claims process.