Parkinson's Disease Care for Durham, NC
A diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease brings a mix of disbelief, confusion and fear. No one really knows what causes the neurodegenerative brain disorder and its effect on muscle movement and control. No one has discovered a cure yet, but groups like the National Parkinson Foundation are helping advance breakthrough medications and treatments.
We’d all love to live without Parkinson’s disease, yet if you are one of the 1 million Americans with this chronic condition, we at Right at Home understand how daunting living well with Parkinson’s disease can be for both you and family caregivers. That is why we have skilled and compassionate home caregivers who help relieve the pain and stress of managing the unpredictable and common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Trained Experts in Parkinson’s Disease Care
We understand the rough days when you shuffle more and can’t stop the shaking. Our in-home care professionals know just when to nudge you through exercises, when to cook some meals ahead, or when to help you relax and talk through how you’re really feeling about the limitations on your body. We notice the changes in posture and facial expression and help you make comfortable adjustments to maintain coordination and balance.
How Right at Home Durham, NC Can Help With Parkinson's Support
Our specialized and personable adult home care teams know just how to work with the muscle stiffness and tremors to prevent frustration and falls. Right at Home caregiving services also help individuals with Parkinson’s disease stand strong through these beneficial services:
- Nutrition and Meal Planning. A healthy diet is essential for those with Parkinson’s disease to help strengthen muscles and bones. Also, the National Parkinson Foundation offers these concerns regarding the nutritional needs of someone living with Parkinson’s.
- Personal Supervision and Home Safety. Parkinson’s disease often causes an unsteady gait, resulting in trips and falls. Our downloadable Home Safety Checklist can get you started now on safeguarding the home.
- Daily Mobility. Some people with Parkinson’s disease need extra help with the activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, eating and using the bathroom. Our skilled caregivers are sensitive to the slowed pace the neuromuscular disorder presents, and we respect privacy and the need for a normal routine.
- Exercise. For people with Parkinson’s disease, exercise is vital to maintaining balance, mobility and strength. Our home caregivers can assist with stretching, walking and other light exercise programs.
- Transportation. Driving can be difficult or restricted for Parkinson’s patients. Right at Home provides rides to appointments, therapy and other destinations. Our transport assistance also relieves family members from taking time off work.
- Family caregiver relief. Caring for someone with Parkinson’s disease can be physically demanding and emotionally exhausting. We provide respite care for family caregivers and peace of mind for everyone involved in the care network.
A Step in the Right Direction
Just when you may think that no one truly understands your day-to-day challenges of living with Parkinson’s disease, Right at Home does. You can trust our senior care and home healthcare services to give you the compassionate support your family needs and deserves.