10 Successful Tips for Caregivers
Tips to Caregivers on Caring for Clients
- Leave all your personal problems at the door. Make sure you always smile and have a great attitude. (The client will feel the bad or negative energy from you.)
- Clients don't like that they have become dependent, so allow them to be as independent as they can. (Be patient and always give choices.)
- When talking to a client, always look them in their face and speak in a clear and slow voice.
- Try getting to know your client and let them tell you about themselves or what they did for work, hobbies and ask about their family etc. (Try doing things they like to do and not what you want to do.)
- Treat them how you want to be treated.
- Remember, you might be the Caregiver today and someone else may be your Caregiver tomorrow. It won’t always be easy, but it will always be worth it.
- Humor, kindness, and love goes a long way.
- Don’t take their aggression personally. They may not know they are being that way towards you. It could be the disease or that they are just having a bad day. Walk away and let things settle down and then come back to handle the issues successfully.
- Instead of trying to bring your client to your side of the river, go to theirs. Try and truly understand what standing in their shoes is like. (Join their Journey.)
- As the Caregiver, you need to make sure you get enough sleep and take care of yourself or you won’t be able to take care of your client.