Home Care Companions | Queens, NY
Have you been recently unemployed or experienced reduction in hours at work due to the COVID-19 pandemic? If so, Right at Home has an amazing and rewarding opportunity just for you!
Right at Home of Eastern Queens, In-Home Care & Assistance is seeking to hire a Companion Caregiver to join a dynamic care team providing clinical expertise in-home. You can make a difference in your career by helping people stay in the comfort of their homes. We are one of the top-rated agencies in the area. We also recently received the 2021 Employer of Choice Award by Home Care Pulse, and a 2021 Caring Star Top Rating.
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Flexible scheduling
- $100 bonus with each referral
- Caregiver recognition and rewards
Responsibilities and Duties:
Companion Caregivers will provide the following types of services to our clients:
- Light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Preparing meals
- Accompany client with errands or medical appointments
- Performs housekeeping activities including, but are not limited to vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry, and cleaning bathroom
Qualifications and Skills:
- No certification is required
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- Two years of experience as a caregiver; experience can be in personal homes or facilities
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured automobile is a plus but not required
At Right at Home, our mission is to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We accomplish this by providing the Right Care, and we deliver this brand promise each and every day around the world. However, we couldn’t do it without having the Right People. Our care team is passionate about serving our clients and is committed to providing the personal care and attention of a friend, whenever and wherever it is needed.
That is where you come in. At Right at Home, we help ordinary people who have a passion to serve others become extraordinary care team members. We seek to find people who are compassionate, empathetic, reliable, determined and are focused on improving the quality of life for others.
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you choose to partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development.
- We promise to coach you to success. We are always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients.
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients.
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay.