Location: Queens, NY area
Personal care assistant/home health aide needed for male client in Queens, NY.
- Perform personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include:
- Personal hygiene
- Prepare meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Perform patient-specific activities as taught by a nurse including:
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Perform homemaking activities which include:
- Sweeping/ mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Cleaning bathrooms
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Successfully complete a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- This position requires 75 hours of technical training including: Checking vitals, Accu-check blood glucose levels, Urine sugar and acetone level