Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position requires staying at the client's home for anywhere from 2-5 days each week - however many days you are willing and able! The client provides a spare bedroom for you to sleep and have down time while you are there, in conjunction with helping the client during the days. This is an exciting way to work several hours and bring in good income!
- For new Hires: mug/cup, lunch pail, scrub top, free telehealth benefits enrollment
- Health and dental insurance
- Vacation/bonus check
- Employee Appreciation Week in Summer
- Holiday week in December
- Employee of the Month awards
- Auto care and maintenance discounts
- Shopping and retail discounts
- Office staff writes thank you notes
Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.