Right at Home Englewood is hiring for Live-In Caregivers. We are looking for an experienced individual who can move-in with agency client as caregiver/homemaker/companion. If you have two or more years experience as a Home Health Aid or CNA, and love working with seniors and disabled adults, we want to talk to you!
You will provide various personal care and related services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. Provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. Live-in shifts are assigned for 1-4 days/week on a 24-hour/day basis. Caregiver stays overnight.
Live-In Caregiver Essential Functions
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Worker's compensation coverage
- Flexible start dates & scheduling
- Employee incentives & bonuses
- Great continuing education opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Caregiver of the month program & caregiver appreciation days