If you, or a friend or relative have been diagnosed with dementia, you may be feeling anxious or confused. You may not know what dementia is. The term "dementia" describes a set of symptoms which include:
- Loss of memory
- Mood changes
- Communication problems
Right at Home and Purple Angel upholds the principle that people with dementia have an absolute right to enjoy a good quality of life and continued involvement in their local community so far as they are able and willing to do so.
That is why we have set out to offer FREE Dementia Awareness classes around in our community. Did you know that:
- More than 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or other dementia?
- It kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined?
- Every 66 seconds someone in the United States developed this disease?
So join us in our fight and help us spread the awareness and create a dementia friendly community.
- A place where people with dementia are valued, respected and welcomed
- Where people with dementia can live as independently as possible
- Where they can engage in activities that many of us take for granted
- Where changes in the person will be noticed, understood and accepted with resources available for assistance if needed
Join us at an upcoming community presentation. See details for scheduled events here.
Call us today at (941)-999-2609 for a free dementia awareness presentation!