The Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) provides personal care and related services in the home, including:
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment.
- Ability to speak, to comprehend, to read and write English consistent with job requirements.
- Successful completion of basic Home Health Aide training program consistent with state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was obtained.
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation exam and annual reevaluation.
- Completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field preferred.
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with patient, patient’s family, and the personnel of the company.
For more information please contact Maeghan Scott, Right at Home of Essex County
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 973-669-1822