Oversees, manages and directs clinical activities to ensure growth and proper delivery of patient services. Supervises, trains and evaluates performance of field staff. Interprets policy and procedures for all staff and is responsible for the quality assurance and accreditation standards of patient care delivered by field staff.
- Registered nurse with a current New Jersey license in good standing.
- BSN plus two years of professional experience as an RN in community health or home health care
- RN with 3 years of professional experience as an RN in community health and/or home health, with progressive nursing responsibilities or experience in providing nursing services in a patient’s home environment, inclusive of an assisted living facility.
- Computer skills are necessary
- Teaching/Management experience preferred
- Directly responsible for the coordination and management of all operations in the delivery of HomeCare services to include goal setting, policies and procedures, and quality assurance and compliance standards.
- Responsible for annual business development plan, assists in budget preparations, manages funding, contracts, subsidies and monitors department’s financial status.
- Reviews and analyzes trends, services, marketing, and public relations programs in the HomeCare industry to ensure stable business growth.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring/dismissal, orientation, training, and supervision of all HomeCare office staff, including yearly evaluations and ongoing enrichment.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring/dismissal, orientation, training and retention activities of Home Health Aides and Companions along with the HomeCare Administrator.
- Completes all new intakes to assess level of care, plan of treatment, nursing care plan, and scheduled assignment of field staff by the schedulers.
- Carries out responsibilities of RN (performing initial patient assessments; supervising field staff; coordinating patient’s care; performs reassessments; documents care plans; and other duties) as needed. For clarification, see RN’s job description.
- Collaborates with other Right At Home staff (i.e. social workers, case managers, and outreach staff) conducting patient assessments; care planning; clinical programs; education programs for seniors, caregivers, professionals.
- Interprets patient care and clinical policy and procedures for all HomeCare field staff, the Administrator, and Patient Service Coordinator.
- Maintains Homecare’s compliance with all standards and requirements of regulatory, accreditation, reimbursement agencies and contractors, where applicable, including maintenance of personnel files and patient records as required.
- Maintains appropriate communication with other HomeCare staff including, but not limited to, RN and other Field Staff regarding new cases, changes in patient status, patient care, Home Health Aides’ needs and assignment of funding.
- Coordinates patient’s care with other agencies, contracts, or other related services to provide continuity of care.
- Responsible for compliance with in-service requirements.
- Assists in training or any activities required for certification or re-certification of field staff.
- Promotes the quality and professionalism of Right At Home’s HomeCare through attendance at HomeCare Advisory Committee meeting; HomeCare office meetings; Quality Assurance meetings; and professional conferences, organizations and seminars.
- Performs on-call duties as Registered Nurse
- Continually audits clinical and personnel charts’ to ensure compliance to CAHC standards.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by the Administrator.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "DON Position" in the subject line.