Director of Nursing Overview
Oversees, manages and directs clinical activities to ensure growth and proper delivery of patient services. Supervises, trains and evaluates performance of field staff. Interprets policy and procedures for all staff and is responsible for the quality assurance and accreditation standards of patient care delivered by field staff.
Director of Nursing Qualifications
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a current New Jersey license in good standing.
- BSN plus two years of professional experience as an RN in community health or home health care
- RN with 3 years of professional experience as an RN in community health and/or home health, with progressive nursing responsibilities or experience in providing nursing services in a patient’s home environment, inclusive of an assisted living facility.
- Computer skills are necessary
- Teaching/Management experience preferred
Director of Nursing Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the coordination and management of all operations in the delivery of home care services to include goal setting, policies and procedures, and quality assurance and compliance standards.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring/dismissal, orientation, training, and supervision of all home care staff, including yearly evaluations and ongoing enrichment.
- Completes all new intakes to assess level of care, plan of treatment, nursing care plan, and scheduled assignment of field staff by the schedulers.
- Maintains appropriate communication with other home staff including, but not limited to, RN and other Field Staff regarding new cases, changes in patient status, patient care, CHHA needs.
- Responsible for compliance with in-service requirements.
- Performs on-call duties as Registered Nurse.
- Continually audits clinical and personnel charts to ensure compliance to CAHC standards.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by the Administrator.
Working Conditions/Environment: Local office in West Orange, New Jersey. All clients are in Essex County.
Schedule/Duration: Ideal candidate would have flexible schedule (approximately 15-20 hours per week). Occasional evenings/weekends may be needed. Compensation commensurate with experience.
For more information, please email email@example.com with "DON Position" in the subject line.