Join Fargo's Best Care Team
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs nursing care to client in accordance with an established plan of care and Agency policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards and will oversee caregiver orientation, training, skills-based assessments, and scheduling. Position will be part-time to start.
- Performs all new caregiver hire orientations, training, and follow-up skills-based assessments.
- Maintains caregiver files according to Agency policies and State law.
- Furnishes services in accordance with Agency policies and State law.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes and reviews caregiver logs for accuracy and completeness.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the client and family situation to the Nursing Supervisor and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the client, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required, if allowed.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Caregiver scheduling and shift management
- Other general office and clerical functions.
- Participates in community relations activities
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Availability
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program and one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in MN.
- Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the MN and ND Home Care Statutes. Understanding of the working team concept and the ability to work under super-vision.
- Meets the requirements for employees providing direct client care.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed in the job.
- Must have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
- Participates in in-service education programs as mandated by State law. (This requirement need not be met exclusively through Right at Home sponsored in-services programs.)
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.