Right at Home Newsletter — Right at Home talks about Financial and Emotional Support for Family Caregivers
Financial and Emotional Support for Family Caregivers
November is National Family Caregivers Month in honor of the 44 million Americans who volunteer to support a family member, friend or neighbor with their health or in managing a disability. Taking steps to counter the financial and emotional strain of caregiving helps both the caregiver and loved one enjoy better health and time together.
The following are support resources for family caregivers:
- Home care services for personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, companionship, etc.
- Home healthcare services for skilled nursing care, physical therapy, etc.
- Adult day programs
- Financial counseling and tax credits for caregiving
- Caregiver support groups
- Veterans assistance
For nationwide and local support services for caregivers and adult care recipients, contact:
* National Association of Area Agencies on Aging — 202-872-0888
* Caregiver Action Network — 202-454-3970
* Hospice Foundation of America — 800-854-3402
* Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services — 800-Medicare (800-633-4227)
* National Alliance for Caregiving — 301-718-8444
* National Institute on Aging — 800-222-2225
Right at Home of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, a leading provider of in-home care and assistance for seniors and adults with disabilities, serves care clients and family caregivers to help limit caregivers’ stress.
We Have a Winner!!
For election day, Right at Home of Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati offered a voting incentive to our Caregivers - every Caregiver that voted and sent us a selfie of their "I Voted" sticker was eligible in a drawing for a $100 Gift card.
Congratulations to our winner, Bonnie Brown, and thank you to everyone who voted and participated!