A Message from Right at Home Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Regarding COVID-19
A Message from Right at Home Regarding COVID-19
To the professional Referral Sources of Right at Home of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky:
Right at Home’s greatest priority is the health and safety of our clients and caregivers, and we know you share this same value with your own clients and staff. Therefore, we wanted to connect with you on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and share with you the protocols Right at Home is following. Together our teams serve a vulnerable population, and we take that privilege very seriously.
For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other community-based living situations, we will work closely with your facility to adhere to any protocols or guidelines in place to mitigate risk. We also ask that, in accordance with privacy guidelines, you keep in close communication with us in the event the coronavirus should spread to any of your clients and/or staff.
As part of standard operating procedures under our Joint Commission accreditation, Right at Home has emergency preparedness plans in place for threats such as the one we currently face. As this is a dynamic situation, we will actively monitor the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and our state and local departments of health. Below are the precautionary measures we have enacted:
- Ongoing screening of our clients and caregivers for symptoms of COVID-19 (see screening questions and answer reporting instructions below).
- Office to maintain daily touchpoints with scheduled clients and caregivers to monitor symptoms.
- According to privacy guidelines, caregivers to report any client or caregiver potential COVID-19 symptoms to the office immediately for further investigation.
- Caregivers to be removed from the schedule and asked to contact their physician if showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Caregivers to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds upon arrival.
- Caregivers to continue frequent and thorough handwashing throughout each visit and during their time outside of caregiving.
- Caregivers to encourage clients to participate in frequent and thorough handwashing.
- Caregivers to avoid touching both the client’s face and his/her own face with unwashed hands.
- Caregivers to assist in disinfecting the client’s space.
- All caregivers receive – at the time of orientation/hiring – gloves and masks (PPE - personal protective equipment) and disinfectant solution. We have instructed all caregiving staff to contact our office should they need more of these.
Please also note, all Right at Home employees are eligible for paid sick time and have access to health and other insurances. Further, Right at Home has a partnership with a local clinic for any employees still without access to primary care services. This clinic is also equipped to test for COVID-19.
In an abundance of caution, the following questions are being sent to all clients and caregivers to aid us in COVID-19 screening:
1. Do you have a fever/temperature above 99.0 Degrees Fahrenheit?
2. Do you have or does anyone in your household have a new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
3. Are you feeling feverish, or have you had shakes or chills in the last 24 hours?
4. Have you traveled in the last 14 days to Iran or the Hubei province, China, Italy, Japan, Singapore or South Korea?
5. Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of someone with coronavirus?
6. Have you had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been to Iran, China, Italy, Japan, Singapore or South Korea within 14 days prior to their illness onset?
Should you be aware that your clients or staff meet any of the above criteria, Right at Home asks that you please contact our office immediately so we can determine the appropriate course of action.
Right at Home will stay in communication with you as any other pertinent information becomes available. We thank you for your assistance and the opportunity to serve you, your clients and your staff. If you should have any further questions, please reach out to our office at any time.
Tony Fenno – Owner