Performs nursing care to patient in accordance with an established plan of care that follows Right at Home policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the patient and family situation.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures (including administration of treatments and medications) in the care of the patient, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Custom Care Plan.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient with learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the Custom Care Plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program with one year of nursing experience in the past five years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past two years.
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in the state where providing care.
- Knowledge, ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.