Provides for the maintenance of safe and clean environment. Provides non-medical companionship and personal care assistance such as bathing, transfers, and incontinence care. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. May provide transportation and errand assistance for the client
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator.
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions.
- Grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Performs personal care functions such as ambulation assistance, transfer assistance, bed baths, shower assistance, incontinence care.
- The caregiver will provide assistance with activities, hobbies, etc.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The caregiver is responsible for written documentation of service provided.
The caregiver will NOT perform any of the following:
- Any heavy lifting.
- Administering of any medications, ointments, eye drops, etc.
- Heavy duty household chores such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client
Additional (non-essential) Functions
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor and client's care plan.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates are recommended.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred
- Must have two years paid experience (non-family) for a Personal Care Caregiver.
- CNA or HHA preferred but not required but will act as ONE year of experience.
- Recently graduated CNA or HHA students and candidates with ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE (non-family) qualify for our Companion Care Caregiving positions.
- A cell phone in good working order.
- Email access on a daily basis.
- The caregiver shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work.
- Be willing to provide transportation for their client utilizing their vehicle.
- Clean background and DMV check
- TB and Drug screening required
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.
May be called upon to perform additional tasks as required by supervisor.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Two years experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.