Paying it Forward During the Holiday Season
At Right at Home of Fox Valley and Chicago SW Suburbs , we are very thankful to be starting our 16th year of home care service on January 3rd, 2019. During the holiday season and through the end of March, we want to "Pay it Forward" by donating a portion of our care giving services to individuals in our service area who cannot easily afford private duty home care.
All we ask is the care recipient and/or their family "Pay it Forward" by donating random acts of kindness to others in their community.
Some Ideas From randomactsofkindness.org:
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school, etc.
- Tell someone they dropped a dollar (even though they didn’t). Then give them a dollar.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Surprise a neighbor with freshly baked cookies or treats!
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.
- Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
- Know parents who could use a night out? Offer to babysit for free.
- Write a positive comment on your favorite blog, website, or a friend’s social media account.
- Take flowers or treats to the nurses’ station at your nearest hospital.
If you wish, please share your idea with us! These will hopefully spark other random acts of kindness throughout the holiday season and into the first quarter of 2019.
What will you do to "Pay it Forward"?