Home Care Aide Twelve Hour Weekday - Full Time (Batavia)
Are you tired of working in the same industry or job and want to learn something new?
Do you have a passion for helping others?
Do you have a calling to #BeEssential in a vulnerable person’s life?
Right at Home is the right place for you!
We have an opportunity for you to work as a Caregiver and make a difference in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities. We will arm you with personal protective equipment (PPE) and put your needs first. In this role, you will have the chance to:
- Give back to those who need you most
- Earn competitive pay
- Make a difference
- Receive paid training
By joining the “A” team, you will have the unique opportunity to improve the quality of life for those you serve by working at Right at Home, an in-home care and assistance company and one of the fastest-growing international home care companies with over 25 years of experience. We need your brains, ambition and passion to help people with their daily living activities and give peace of mind to the family of those you serve. Working with us will give you financial rewards and flexibility to suit your lifestyle. You’ll get recognized for your efforts and will truly make a lasting difference in the lives of others.
What You’ll Do and Who You Are
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- We have a great work culture at Right at Home and look for people with a similar mindset.
- You're the honest, energetic and approachable type; able to get along and communicate easily with people at all levels.
- You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
- You don’t mind getting a little dirty…this could include (but not limited to) assistance with eating, personal hygiene, light housekeeping, laundry and other household chores.
- You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you can prepare a good meal and work your way around a kitchen.
- You are able to assist the client in many ways, this could include (but are not limited to), medication reminders, assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises, dementia care, companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have reliable consistent means of communication
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to pass a full employment background check
Nice to Have’s
- CNA or HHA license is preferred
- 6 month experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare preferred
- 1-3 years of experience as a Caregiver/Home Health Aide in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Flex Perks (Mix and Match) paid by employer for Full Time Staff
- Option A — Education Fund (tuition, books fees, student loan).
- Option B — Group Insurance for Employee Plus Family – Medical, Dental, Vision, term life, short-term disability and/or MEC
- Option C — Vehicle Fund (repair, tires, car loan, insurance)
- Option D — Healthcare Fund (medical expenses, prescriptions,, glasses)
- Additional Benefits Available to All Employees Including Part Time
- Monthly Care Rewards — Earn points toward monthly bonus
- Paid Time Off — Earned Quarterly based on work hours and years of service
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- Group Insurance — Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life, Short term disability, wellness/prevention
- Group 401K
- Paid Training
- Travel Pay
- Supportive office team with goal of providing an exceptional employee experience
- Flexibility! You tell us your availability up front, we work with you from there to set your RAH schedule
- Employee referral programs for both employees and clients
- Web Portal Access to schedules, care plans and maps
- Smart Phone Apps for client care tracking
- Premium pay for short visits
Southwest — Naperville, Lisle, Joliet, Lemont, Homer Glen, Downers Grove, Warrenville, Shorewood, Plainfield, Crest Hill, Westmont, Woodridge, Lockport
Far West — Aurora, North Aurora, Oswego, Yorkville, Montgomery, Sugar Grove, Batavia, Geneva, Dekalb, Sycamore, Sandwich
Northwest — Huntley, Woodstock, Marengo, Hampshire, Harvard
Why Right at Home?
We truly believe that where you work matters and as a company who believes in improving the lives of those that we serve, we think we know a thing or two about what makes our employees happy.
Here is what our employees say about us:
- “It’s wonderful to work for a company that treats their employees with the same care and respect they want us to provide to clients.”
- “I know I’m never alone! If I have a question or an issue, there is always someone available to help me. This means the world to me!”
Why Join Our Team?
This is your chance to make a difference in the world by serving one person at a time. Find the job you love – join Right at Home.
Keep in mind, this is just basic information. You'll find out more after you apply. As an independently-owned franchised or licensed locations may have different requirements.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest to you. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Guiding Principles
Right at Home’s mission is simple...to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We accomplish this by providing the Right Care, and we deliver this brand promise each and every day around the world. However, we couldn’t do it without having the Right People. Our care teams are passionate about serving our clients and are committed to providing the personal care and attention of a friend, whenever and wherever it is needed.
That’s where you come in. At Right at Home, we help ordinary people who have a passion to serve others become extraordinary care team members. We seek to find people who are compassionate, empathetic, reliable, determined and are focused on improving the quality of life for others.
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development.
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients.
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients.
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay.