Be part of a dynamic team that provides care to senior and disabled adults in their homes.
Caring for an ill , aging, or disabled person can be a rewarding experience. Right at Home is currently looking for reliable, caring, compassionate and mature Companions/Caregivers who are sincerely interested in improving the life of those we serve.
Whether you are looking for flexible hours week to week or would rather set a consistent schedule, just let us know. We will accommodate your schedule and you choose the shifts you work . Competitive wages and flexibility!
A companion/caregiver provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for the elderly client. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- One year of caregiving experience.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation.
- Fingerprint clearance and DMV check.
- TB screening required.
Employment as a Home Care Aide (HCA) in the State of California is conditional upon fingerprint clearance, completion and submittal of a statement of any prior criminal convictions, tuberculosis screening clearance and must be listed on the California State Home Care Aide Registry prior to being placed with clients.