Join Genesee County's Best Care Team
At Right at Home of Genesee County we know that a good Caregiver is caring, compassionate, dependable, and professional. We seek out those that want to always increase their caregiving skills.
When you join our team, you are NOT a number, you are appreciated and treated with respect. Our team is caring, and willing to do whatever it takes for the client to have a positive experience receiving our care. We continuously strive to work as a team to provide a great continuity of care.
Location: Flushing, MI
A Caregiver provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $9.50 to $13.00/hr or more, dependent on care provided and location of care.
Benefits and Recognition
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Training
- Paid Travel Time
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee of the Month Recognition
- Yearly Reviews and Raises
We like to acknowledge when a member of our team goes above and beyond and often present gift cards, thank you cards, and regularly offer praise for a job well done!
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
Prior to going to your first client you are oriented to the specific plan of care, on-site training if needed, and 2 in-services. We believe that by staying engaged with our Caregivers and monitoring their progress, we can provide on-going hands on training from our RN Clinical Supervisor. Your success is important to us, which is why we offer additional training and mentoring because success in your job leads to longevity and increased pay opportunity.
Quarterly Hands on Training Sessions
Past sessions have included: Hoyer Training, Safe Transfers Training, and Caregiver 101 Training.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Training
Not only do we have on-line in-services, but we provide special training with the local Alzheimer’s association. They come on site and provide additional relevant training.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs errands and/or provides transportation
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.