Home Care Aide - HCA (Port Orchard, WA)
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.
Location: Port Orchard
A Home Care Aide or Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Competitive wages based on experience and skills with a target to achieve a “Living Wage”
- Performance and skill-based pay increases
- Short-shift premiums
- Shift Cancelation pay
- No hassle shift reporting by phone – no paper chasing
- Online schedules accessible from anywhere 24/7
- Input on Client Care Plans
- Free WA State-approved CEUs
- On the job training and Case-specific training
- Professional and Career Development Training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Longevity Recognition
- Opportunities to Socialize with your peers and their families
- Reliability Reward
- Referral Bonuses
- Caregiver of the Month/Year Awards
- Spot Awards
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Applicants must have completed either 75 hours of training per I-1029 requirements or will have worked for 8 hours for an assisted or independent living, home care agency, rehab/nursing home or transitional care, and completed 5 hours of training requirements from a certified instructor, and must have First Aid/CPR, and a clean 2-step TB test. You will need to be able to pass a thorough background check and drug screen.Apply Now