A Home Care Aide or homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Applicants must have completed either 75 hours of training per I-1029 requirements or will have worked for 8 hours for an assisted or independent living, home care agency, rehab/nursing home or transitional care, and completed 5 hours of training requirements from a certified instructor, and must have First Aid/CPR, and a clean 2-step TB test. You will need to be able to pass a thorough background check and drug screen.