Join Grand Junctions Best Care Team
Right at Home is seeking empathetic and compassionate people to join our team. The ideal person is reliable, dependable and strives for excellence. If you have a passion to serve, apply today and help us fulfill our mission: To Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve.
Location: Grand Junction and the Surrounding Areas
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Range: $11.10 - $12.00/hr Plus Mileage Reimbursement
We recognize our Caregivers who go above and beyond for their clients and offer:
- Gift Cards
- Incremental Raises
- Gas Cards
- Care Packages
- Caregiver of the Year Nominations
Caregiver and Client Referral Program
$50.00 Cash Bonus for Each Qualified Caregiver Referral That Stays For 90+ Days and Completes a Minimum of 120 Employment Hours
$50.00 Cash Bonus for Each New Private Pay client or for 5 new Medicaid or Easter Seals Voucher Referral
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- On-site Personal Care Training and Care Shadowing
- Gait Belt Use Training
- First Shift Follow Up
- RAH University Training
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.