Direct Assistance Special Needs Companions | Greater Danbury, Ridgefield, Wilton, Bethel, and Norwalk, CT
Assist adults with special needs and developmental disabilities, on a 1:1 basis. Follow a daily habilitation service plan, which is the process of helping individuals, with disabilities attain, keep, or improve skills and functioning for daily living. Also, help these individuals FURTHER REACH THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL.
Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County Job Requirements/Perks
High School Graduate or GED; Experience working with Special Needs Populations – 1 year preferred; Valid Drivers’ License; Proof of Eligibility to work in the U.S.A.; basic computer skills; working smart phone; AED & CPR Certified; First Aid Certified Preferred; PMT Training Certification.
- Experience working with Special Needs Populations
- Supervise and assist special needs adults with their person-centered plan
- Assist individuals with all Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as needed
- Arrange for public and private transport as needed
- Encourage personal social engagement in community involvement and with the client themselves
- Ability to assist them in their performing daily living skills themselves, as much as possible, with only standby assist when necessary. Not doing these things for them because it easier
- Encourage these special need individuals to learn new skills, hobbies and more to help them most attain their highest level of independence possible and their happiness and personal satisfaction
- Participate in team meetings and in-service trainings on a regular basis
- Open availability
- Team player who values friends and family
- People who are responsible and committed to their shifts, and their clients.
- Must be able to pass a national background check, along with motor vehicle background check and drug test.
- 401 (k) Plan
- Flexible Schedules
We provide direct companionship services, in a residential setting or in the community, to special needs adults. This will ensure their highest quality of life, based on their physical, emotional, and mental health needs, while adhering to Right at Home of Greater Fairfield County (RAHFFC), AND CT Department of Developmental Services (CT DDS) policies and procedures.
GET PAID TO VOLUNTEER – Do the work you love!
Our Mission Statement: To Improve the Quality of Life of those we ServeApply Now