Provides various companion and homemaker services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes. Essential Functions
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Live-In
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.