Personal Care Assistant (Detroit, MI)
Join Grosse Pointe's Best Care Team
Are you looking to fill your days with activities that will enhance the daily life of those you serve? Right at Home is looking for compassionate, caring, and reliable individuals who enjoy spending their days with seniors and those in need of assistance. Our reliable Caregivers manage both the slow and quiet days as well as the busy and hectic days with the main focus of improving the quality of life of those we serve. If you have the passion to care for others, come join our supportive and caring team.
Location: Detroit, MI
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Range: $10.50 - $13.00/hr
Why Should You Work for Us?
Our caregivers represent who we are. Our Care Team members know they are respected and encouraged to take charge and put forward ideas and suggestions for improvement. We want to empower each caregiver, enable them to grow, not just in their career, but to be successful and happy people. You will have job security with Right at Home, we have your back. We believe in open communication and it is easy to connect with the owner who is always ready to listen and to help. We want to continue to be a company where all team members feel they are an intricate part of our clients life.
Recognizing Those Who Provide Exceptional Care
We have different reward systems set in place to recognize the caregivers who continue to step up and take initiative, and those who receive compliments from their clients and families, and who are available to pick up the occasional urgent shift. Our caregivers are loved by our clients, they often develop close bonds with their clients and their families and are well respected.
- Flexible scheduling
- Pay increases available through our Personal Advancement Program
- Bonuses for referrals
- Aflac Insurance opportunities
- Caregiver Recognition & Rewards Program
- Named Employer of Choice by Home Care Pulse
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
Right at Home offers dynamic educational opportunities to promote the success of our caregivers. Education begins with orientation, continues with regular in-services, a skills lab and special programs. Education also continues in the client’s home during Supervisor Visits. Nurses are available for just-in-time caregiver education as client care needs change. RAH will also assist Caregivers to maintain their educational requirements for CNA renewal.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with change of ostomy appliances
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic training.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.