Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) | Hackettstown, NJ
The Certified Home Health Aide performs services for the client as necessary to maintain the personal comfort of the client enabling them to remain in their homes.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Patient Care
- Understand and adhere to information and precautions contained in individual client's Home Plan of Care and as directed by the RN assessment nurse.
- Assist the client with personal care activities including: bathing, skin care, hair care, nail care, dressing and undressing, feeding, oral hygiene, shaving, grooming and bedtime care.
- Assist the client to the bathroom or in use of urinal or bedpan. Keep incontinent clients clean and dry.
- Assist the client with client's self-administration of medications.
- Assist the client with personal communication skills, as needed.
- Prepare appropriate documentation of the client care or service(s) furnished.
- Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Assist the client with exercise, ambulation and transfer activities. Be aware of proper body mechanics.
- Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
- Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, comfortable and healthy environment for the client.
- Observe safety precautions, including: wiping up wet floors, spills and other falling hazards immediately.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Engage in respectful social interaction with client, including friendly conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting client's privacy and property.
- Exhibit positive attitude and behavior and demonstrate respect for employees and clients.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients.
- Respond and attend to client's requests promptly.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team.
- Maintains continuity of client's home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs in the client's journal for the next caregiver.
- Wears an identification tag while caring for the client at all times while in clients home as mandated by the Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Additional Duties
- Understand the importance of seeking assistance, as needed, from your supervisor and/or others; demonstrate capability and dependability in following instructions.
- Understand that regular, consistent attendance is necessary to serve clients.
- Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise judgment in accepting assignments.
- Adheres to Right at Home agency's professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the management team.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing.
- Able to lift, position, or transfer patients.
- Able to lift supplies and equipment.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, and kneeling or crouching.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must provide past work history confirming knowledge of ability to competently perform tasks assigned in the job description.
- High school graduate or equivalency certificate preferred.
- Updates job knowledge and participates in educational opportunities in order to keep current with the field.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrate sympathetic attitude toward caring for others.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor; and present a well-groomed professional image.
- Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
- Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
- U.S. Citizen or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.