Job Description Summary:
Responsible for providing household management and cleaning services for clients receiving at home care. Ensures that domestic chores are done in a timely manner and household runs smoothly.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Patient Care
- Understands and adheres to information and precautions contained in individual client’s Home Plan of Care and as directed by R.N. assessment nurse.
- Performs home management tasks including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and laundry. Cleans refrigerator and stove as needed.
- Performs shopping chores and runs errands, as needed.
- Plans and cooks meals according to client’s personal preferences while keeping nutrition in mind.
- Assists self directed clients with meal preparation (or see #4)
- Escorts client to medical appointments when needed and so directed by plan of care.
- Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, comfortable and healthy environment for the client.
- Maintains proper handwashing techniques.
- Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Observe safety precautions, including wiping up wet floors, spills, and other falling hazards immediately.
- Prepare applicable documentation of client services provided.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Engage in respectful social interaction with client, including friendly conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting client’s privacy and property.
- Exhibit positive attitude and behavior and demonstrate respect for employees and clients.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients.
- Respond and attend to client’s requests promptly.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team.
- Maintains continuity of client’s home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs in the client’s journal for the next caregiver.
- Wears an identification tag while caring for the client at all times while in clients home as mandated by the Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Additional Duties
- Understand the importance of seeking assistance, as needed, from your supervisor and/or others; demonstrate capability and dependability in following instructions.
- Understand that regular, consistent attendance is necessary to serve clients.
- Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise judgment in accepting assignments.
- Adheres to Right at Home agency’s professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the management team.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing.
- Able to lift, position, or transfer patients.
- Able to lift supplies and equipment.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, and kneeling or crouching.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must provide past work history confirming knowledge of ability to competently perform tasks assigned in the job description.
- High school graduate or equivalency certificate preferred.
- Updates job knowledge and participates in educational opportunities in order to keep current with the field.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate sympathetic attitude toward caring for others.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor; and present a well-groomed professional image.
- Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
- Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
- U.S. Citizen or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.