CNA/PCA Weekend Caregivers
Looking for Weekend Caregivers!!
Are you an experienced PCA or CNA looking for weekend hours?
Right at Home wants to help and support you. We want to provide you with the opportunity to serve a population who needs you right now. #BeEssential as a Right at Home caregiver! We stand prepared to equip you with the right protection and are ready to assist as you care for seniors and adults with disabilities.
We want to offer you a job that you can count on in this time of uncertainty. Hours are flexible and we are eager to discuss a schedule that works best for you.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes.
Adheres to Agency policies and procedures. Performs work under the supervision of the Nursing Supervisor. Performs personal care activities contained in a written assignment by the Nursing Supervisor which includes but is not limited to, assisting the client with activities of daily living, such as:
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Meal Preparation
Performs other assigned activities that are taught by a nurse for a specific client. These include but not limited to:
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings (non-sterile)
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living (cane, walker, wheelchair or lift device)
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assisting with self-administered simple urine tests for sugar acetone or albumin (Certified Nursing assistant may not interpret results)
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Measuring intake and output
- Taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
- Application of an external (condom-type) catheter
- Assist with application of arm sling, arm splint or leg splint
The Certified Nursing Assistant performs light housekeeping tasks which will facilitate the client’s self-care at home. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Sweeping or mopping floors
- Cleaning bathrooms
- The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for documentation of service provided, using the Client Care Record.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
EDUCATION / SKILLS / ABILITIES / AVAILABILITY
- High school graduate of G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Home Health Aide in health care (in homes or facilities) and successful completion of a State approved Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide course.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant shall have successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State licensing law for home health agencies.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Meets the requirements for employees providing direct client care.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
Apply online or give us a call at 443-371-7145 to accept a role that will make a difference to those we serve. #BeEssentialApply Now