- Have you recently been laid off or lost hours in your current job or career due to Covid-19?
- Have you ever thought about becoming an “essential healthcare worker” by helping seniors and other disabled adults in their own homes?
- Do you like the idea of having flexible schedules, working part-time OR full-time, and having ongoing job security with benefits?
- Would you like to work in one of the fastest growing and most rewarding industries in the country?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions we would like you to consider a career in CAREGIVING and we’ll train you!
We offer a Two-Phase Caregiver Training Course that can be completed in just two weeks:
PHASE 1 — Online Caregiver Training Course (offered by state approved third party company): This course consists of 11 training modules and can be completed in as little as 8 hours for a total cost of $34.00 (this is reimbursed by Right at Home once you work some minimal hours as an actual caregiver for our company). Once the online training course is completed you will receive a Certificate of Completion which you then simply email to us and we will schedule you for our company orientation.
PHASE 2 — After you’ve completed our company orientation, we will schedule you to train with one or more of our actual clients alongside some of our experienced fully-trained caregivers. This phase can last either a few shifts, or if you feel that you need more training, can be multiple shifts over a one to two-week time period. Once you feel confident in your skills and abilities, we will start assigning clients for you to care for in their homes. Any time you feel that you need more training or assistance you just need to let us know; we want you to feel 100% confident and comfortable that you’ve been properly trained to care for others.
Pay during the hands-on training phase and during your first 90 days on the job: $13.50/hour
Pay after your first 90 days working as a caregiver: $14.00/hour
Annual Reviews Thereafter
Once trained you will work as an HHA (Home Health Aide):
You will provide assistance with tasks intended to help our clients (primarily seniors and disabled adults) with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living). These non-medical, routine personal healthcare tasks are characterized by "hands-on touching" and may include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Grooming and Hygiene
- Toileting & Elimination
- Nutrition/Hydration & Feeding
- Medication Reminders
- Mental/Cognitive Needs
You will also perform a variety of household services/tasks to ease the lifestyle of clients which include (but are not limited to):
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Helping with Pets
- Grocery Shopping & Errands
- Transportation to Appointments
- Standby and/or Assist with Transfers and Ambulation (some lifting required)
We offer a variety of benefits! Here's why Caregivers love to work for Right at Home:
- Flexible Schedules with clients throughout the Greater Portland area: Beaverton, Hillsboro, Wilsonville, Oregon City, Gresham, Portland, Tualatin, West Linn, Tigard, Lake Oswego and more areas near you.
- Paid Ongoing Training (Annual Continuing Education that can be completed online)
- Paid Sick Time
- Premium Pay for most Short Shifts (2-hour shifts)
- Optional Retirement Plan (Roth IRA)
- Referral Bonuses
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months (if you average 30 or more hours per week)
- Nurse Supervision in the field
- 24 Hour on-call Support
- A Friendly and Compassionate Office Staff that will work with you to develop the schedule you want
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Ability to provide 2 professional (work related) references
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and to properly transfer patients
- Must pass background check and DMV check
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
*Successful candidates must be compassionate, responsible, dependable and will need to have a passion for providing quality care to our clients.