Paid Training Class: Become a Caregiver
Looking for a new career path? Become a caregiver for Right at Home. Caregiving is rewarding, giving, caring, and a compassionate type of job.
Work near your home:
Positions available in the Beaverton, Hillsboro, Wilsonville, Oregon City, Gresham, Portland, Tualatin, West Linn and Lake Oswego and more areas near you.
Come work for Right at Home. We're an In Home Care and Assistance agency with clients throughout your local areas looking for a variety of levels of care. We have IMMEDIATE openings for Caregivers who are compassionate, dedicated and looking for an exciting career opportunity in the health care industry.
Here's why Caregivers like to work for us:
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Start Date
- Paid Training
- Paid Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months
- Ongoing Training
- Nurse Supervision in the field
- 24 Hour on-call Support
- Our Friendly and Compassionate Office Staff
*Upon successful completion of this 2 phase PAID training course(2 WEEKS), you will become eligible to be offered a position as a Personal Care Assistant (PCA).
The job description of a PCA: We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months, schedule flexibility, referral bonuses, paid sick time, an employee rewards program, continuing education, and 24-hour nurse support! We provide performance reviews after 90 days and annually thereafter. Every new hire is eligible for a pay increase at each review. We also offer paid online training through our own Right at Home University; these online training modules provide all caregivers the ability to fulfill their annual continuing education requirements without leaving home!
Right at Home provides a range of non-medical Personal Care services to its clientele. Our clients are primarily seniors and/or disabled persons.
You will provide assistance with tasks intended to help a client with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living). These non-medical, routine personal healthcare tasks are characterized by "hands-on touching" and may include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Grooming and Hygiene
- Toileting & Elimination
- Nutrition/Hydration & Feeding
- Medication Reminders
- Mental/Cognitive Needs
You will also perform a variety of household services/tasks to ease the lifestyle of clients which include (but are not limited to):
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Helping with Pets
- Grocery Shopping & Errands
- Transportation to Appointments
- Standby and/or Assist with Transfers and Ambulation (some lifting required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Ability to provide 2 professional (work related) references
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and to properly transfer patients
- Must pass background check, DMV check, and pre-employment drug screening
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
*Successful candidates must be compassionate, responsible, dependable and will need to have a passion for providing quality care to our clients.
2 Phase Caregiver Training Process:
Phase 1 – Online Caregiver Training Course (you pay $34 fee online, RAH will reimburse with Certificate in hand). Can be completed in 8 hours online or up to 2 weeks (your choice)
Phase 2 – Hands On In-House Training with actual clients
Final – You start with RAH as an employee with your scheduled shifts
Paid training rate: $12/hr
Starting Caregiver Rate: $13.00 /hr