EARN WHILE YOU LEARN!!
BECOME A CAREGIVER BY ATTENDING RIGHT AT HOME’S PAID TRAINING CLASS:
LOOKING FOR A NEW CAREER? CAREGIVING IS ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING CAREERS IN THE COUNTRY! CAREGIVING IS FULFILLING AND REWARDING AND OFFERS GREAT FLEXIBILITY TO WORK THE HOURS YOU WANT, DAY OR NIGHT, PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME!
Right at Home is offering a paid training course that can be completed in as little as two weeks. The course consists of 14-16 hours of classroom time and 4-6 hours of field training with all training time paid at $10.00 per hour. Upon successful completion of the course you will become eligible to be offered a position as a Personal Care Aide with our agency.Our Personal Care Aide position comes with many benefits including the ability to WORK NEAR YOUR HOME!! We have positions available throughout the Greater Portland metro area including Beaverton, Hillsboro, Gresham, Portland, Tualatin, Tigard, West Linn, Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, and Oregon City.
Here's why PCA’s/ Caregivers like to work for us:
- Flexible Schedules – Work from 15-40 hours per week – Your choice
- Paid Ongoing Training (Continuing Education)
- Paid Sick Time
- Eligibility for Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months
- Nurse Supervision in the field
- 24 Hour on-call Support
- Our Friendly and Compassionate Office Staff
- Paid Travel Time Between Shifts
We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months (for those that average 30 hours per week or more), schedule flexibility, referral bonuses, paid sick time, an employee rewards program, continuing education, and 24-hour nurse support! We provide performance reviews after 90 days and annually thereafter. Each review offers the opportunity for pay increases. We also offer paid online training through our own Right at Home University; these online training modules provide all caregivers the ability to fulfill their annual continuing education requirements without leaving home!
Should you successfully complete our paid training course you would become eligible to work as a PCA for our company:
Right at Home provides a range of non-medical Personal Care services to its clientele. Our clients are primarily seniors and/or disabled persons.
You will provide assistance with tasks intended to help a client with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living). These non-medical, routine personal healthcare tasks are characterized by "hands-on touching" and may include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Grooming and Hygiene
- Toileting & Elimination
- Nutrition/Hydration & Feeding
- Medication Reminders
- RN Delegated Medication Services
- Mental/Cognitive Needs
You will also perform a variety of household services/tasks to ease the lifestyle of clients which include (but are not limited to):
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Helping with Pets
- Grocery Shopping & Errands
- Transportation to Appointments
- Standby and/or Assist with Transfers and Ambulation (some lifting required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Ability to provide 2 professional (work related) references
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs, with or without reasonable accomodations and to properly transfer patients
- Must pass background check and DMV screening
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
*Successful candidates must be compassionate, responsible, and dependable and will need to have a passion for providing quality, consistent care to our clients.
PCA Starting Pay Rate: $11.00 - $12.00