We have immediate assignments for CNA's (Certified Nursing Assistants). These are primarily in-home caregivers with some facility positions available. We are actively hiring in the entire Greater Portland area (Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington and Columbia counties).
Whether you are looking for flexible hours week to week or would rather set a recurring schedule, just let us know. We will accommodate your schedule and you choose the shifts you work. Our caregivers typically work between 20 and 40 hours per week, depending on their personal availability and willingness to accept shifts. Our shifts generally range from 2 hours (paid at a higher rate) to 12 hours with some live-in (24-hour) shifts available.
We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months, schedule flexibility, paid sick time, referral bonuses, an employee rewards program, continuing education, and 24-hour nurse support! We provide performance reviews after 90 days and annually thereafter. Every new hire is eligible for a pay increase at each review. We also offer paid online training through our own Right at Home University; these online training modules provide all caregivers the ability to fulfill their annual continuing education requirements without leaving home!
Right at Home provides a range of non-medical Personal Care and Registered Nurse delegated Medication and Nursing services to its clientele. Our clients are primarily seniors and/or disabled persons.
As a CNA you will work under the supervision of our Agency RN. Your essential job functions may include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting clients with range of motion exercises
- Taking vital signs (temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate and blood pressure)
- Observe and report the physical and psychological condition of clients to the Agency RN / Administrative staff
- Perform RN delegated tasks including medication administration, colostomy care, wound care and catheter care as allowed by state law
- Report safety hazards and unusual incidents and/or behaviors of agency clients to the Agency RN /Administrative staff
You will also provide assistance with tasks intended to help a client with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living). These non-medical, routine personal healthcare tasks are characterized by "hands-on touching" and may include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Grooming and Hygiene
- Toileting & Elimination
- Nutrition/Hydration & Feeding
- Medication Reminders
- RN Delegated Medication Services
- Mental/Cognitive Needs
You will also perform a variety of household services/tasks to ease the lifestyle of clients which include (but are not limited to):
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Helping with Pets
- Grocery Shopping & Errands
- Transportation to Appointments
- Standby and/or Assist with Transfers and Ambulation (some lifting required)
We offer a variety of benefits! Here's why Caregivers love to work for Right at Home:
- $250.00 Signing Bonus
- Short Shifts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Travel Time Between Shifts
- Paid Training
- Paid Sick Time
- $14.50 - $15.50/hr DOE
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits after 6 months(for those who average 30 hours per week or more)
- Ongoing Training
- Nurse Supervision in the field
- 24 Hour on-call Support
- Our Friendly and Compassionate Office Staff
- WORK NEAR YOUR HOME: Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Wilsonville, Oregon City, Gresham, Portland, Tualatin, West Linn, Lake Oswego
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Current Oregon CNA license
- Ability to provide 2 professional (work related) references
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs, with or without reasonable accomodations and to properly transfer patients
- Must pass Agency's Nurse Aide competency exam (80% or better)
- Must pass background check and DMV screening
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
*Successful candidates must be compassionate, responsible, dependable and will need to have a passion for providing quality care to our clients.
CNA Starting Pay Rate (DOE): $14.50 - $15.50
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.