Registered Nurse (RN)
The In-Home Care Registered Nurse is responsible for providing day-to-day comprehensive nursing care to enhance the lives of clients in their homes. If you are looking for a new opportunity with a prestigious in-home healthcare company and are retired and or want to work part-time, this is the company for you.
Right at Home is locally owned and operated in the tri-counties of Greater Portland, providing in-home personal care, homemaker/companion and medication management/nursing services. Our mission is To Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve, by providing what we believe is the best customer service and highest quality caregivers/RNs in the industry.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in a manner consistent with Agency policies and the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Obtain client orders from physicians, manage setup and changes for all medications and treatments.
- Performs comprehensive subjective and objective admission and ongoing assessment of client status that includes physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Formulates individualized plan of care or re-assessment that incorporates analysis of assessment data.
- Modifies and updates plan of care to reflect progress toward outcomes.
- Performs and documents Medication Administration and Nursing Delegation training to CNA's and caregivers.
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to legal scope of practice. Responsible for implementing teachings appropriate to the patient’s needs.
- Plans, teaches, supervises, and counsels patient and family regarding physical care, measures to promote improvement/recovery, symptom/complication management, expected disease progression, social/emotional care and community resources.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
- Observes patients, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor and or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents as well as documents. Assumes responsibility for safe and uninterrupted patient care for assigned caseload.
- Maintains patient records in computer system (ClearCare) showing systematic assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Attends and actively contributes to interdisciplinary team or other required meetings.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities/meetings and supervisory visits.
- Assists with agency marketing to referral sources; hospital discharge planners, social workers, skilled nursing facility administrators, long term care facilities, etc. You would also be a member of the management team and have opportunities to participate in decisions about the business.
- Attends networking events, continuing education/training seminars, health care association meetings, etc.
- Knowledge of creating appropriate case management plans for clients.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing in the state. One year’s clinical experience within the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
- RN License in the state of Oregon.
- Knowledge and ability to provide skilled nursing care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
- CPR Certification.
- Automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Pass Criminal Background check, DMV, SS match and Drug screening.
- Available for work on weekends and holidays as required.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
12-15/hrs per week
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link: