The Caring Team Serving Lowcountry Seniors
Our team of dedicated, compassionate, experienced well trained caregivers are the core of our business. Their consistent service to seniors and homebound adults in Hilton Head and Savannah inspires us daily and improves the quality of life for our clients who need assistance at home.
Award Winning Caregivers
This video features Willie Ann Hamilton, one of our many caring staff, awarded Right at Home Southeast Region caregiver of the year, and recognized for the above and beyond service she provided to her elderly client during a weather emergency. As Hurricane Matthew approached the coast, Willie helped make arrangements to assist in evacuating her long term senior client to safe shelter at a hotel, and she continued caring for her at the hotel for many days throughout the event.
Our Positive Work Environment
We Hire and Train the Right People
Surprise Scholarship for Caregiver
Dedicated Caregiver Rewarded
Caregiver Team Size
- On average, we employ 275 part-time and 50 full-time caregivers via our home care business
Caregiver Experience Level
- We retain great experienced caregivers as long as we can
- Twenty-five of our caregivers have worked with us more than 10 years
- Seventy-five of our caregivers have worked with us more than 5 years
- Our caregiver referral program awards $100 gift cards to employees who refer talented and qualified new caregivers who we retain
- Our agency employs Sitter/Companions, Personal Care Assistants, and Certified Nursing Assistants.
Caregivers with Unique Skills
- We love finding caregivers with extra special talents
- In the past we’ve had a caregiver with a culinary degree to help with meal preparation
Caregiver Hiring Process
- Our caregivers must complete a detailed application and interview process
- Basic requirements include
- One year past hands on work with seniors or disabled adults
- Past experience with bathing, dressing, ambulation, transfers, hospice and dementia
- Must complete and pass a drug test and background check
- In-house orientation includes in-services in infection control, confidentiality, record keeping, bathing, and safe transfers
Continuing Education for Caregivers
- Our caregivers receive continuing education to maintain and grow skills
- We offer many hands on training for our caregivers such as
- Hoyer lift training
- Thickened liquids training
- Emergency Management, including hurricane conditions.
- Two of our managers are Red Cross Instructors
- We offer monthly First Aid, CPR training, and AED training.
Caregiver Incentives and Rewards
- We recognize and reward consistently great caregivers
- Each month we give a $100 gift card to one caregiver of the month (Regina Fadden pictured)
- We select an annual caregiver of the year who receives a $250 gift card