What Makes Right at Home The Right Fit?
We Value Our Caregivers
"Our caregivers have been and will continue to be the foundation of our growth and success. In home care is based on individual relationships that are built between our caregiver and their client. Having caregivers that are attentive and engaged is what fuels our success. We have prospered because our caregivers have followed the golden rule of 'treating others the way you would like to be treated.' We discuss this in new hire training and make it part of our culture. Keeping this 'top of mind' will allow us to remain the agency of choice in the areas we serve."
— Eric Hicks, Owner of Right at Home (pictured)
Our Right at Home offices foster a culture in which teamwork, support, fairness, and hard work are of upmost importance. The offices are very laid back and practice thorough communication. We make it priority to utilize an open door policy so our caregivers feel they are always welcome and in a safe environment to discuss any issues they'd like to address. Right at Home promotes an environment where a genuine passion for helping others and making a difference is top of mind at all times. In addition, hard work is rewarded through incentives and Employee Appreciation events. Our culture creates happy caregivers, as a result of that we've seen a rapid increase in clients and caregivers, both of good nature and kind hearts — who truly reflect the culture of Right at Home.
"I've been with Right at Home for roughly 9 years and its been a rewarding experience. I work with mostly elderly; I find they are appreciative of what you do for them. Getting to know my senior clients and family is special and you become a part of that family. When they lose a loved one it's like losing my own family member as well. I don't consider being a caregiver a job because I love what l do." — Delores, Right at Home Charleston Caregiver
The office staff and nurses keep our caregivers updated on the latest ways to assist their clients (i.e. training or tips that may help keep the client safer and in their own homes longer) and we encourage they return to school, and help attain any information needed for that. Right at Home has several resources available to our caregivers as a way to help them grow in their career field.
Some of the Resources We Provide:
- Right at Home University is an online portal where caregivers can earn CEUs through online courses.
- Right at Home collaborates with Bridge Valley Community and Technical College through the Learn & Earn Internship Program. While enrolled in a related healthcare Certificate or Associate Degree program, gain hands-on, job related experience at a competitive wage. We also offer valuable work experience to those who are looking to get into the Healthcare industry, but not sure which area they are interested in.
- Our Staff receives hands-on training from the time they are hired and throughout their employment to help them move forward in their career.
- Hand Outs for various topics - bed bugs, lice, scabies, etc. to educate the caregiver
- Clinical support
- Additional training as needed on transfers, gait belts, bathing techniques
- Community resources as needed
- We have had several of our caregivers move on to become staffing coordinators
- We have a PTO incentive program that allows our caregivers to accumulate bonus points that convert to PTO.
- All employees get 3 PTO days for every 1000 hours worked.
- We offer 401k and health insurance to all employees that have been with us for a year.
- We have annual caregiver appreciation parties at each office.
2021's Caregiver Appreciation parties will be held on:
September 10, 2021 | Right at Home Huntington's Office
September 17, 2021 | Right at Home Beckley's Office
September 24, 2021 | Right at Home Princeton's Office
October 1, 2021 | Right at Home Charleston's Office