Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant (North Indianapolis, IN) ― Indianapolis North
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. We prefer you come in on Monday-Wednesday from 11-3 for immediate consideration and a personal interview.
Why Work for Right at Home
Right at Home Indianapolis North maintains a positive, welcoming atmosphere for all caregivers. Our office staff have an "all hands on deck" philosophy when it comes to caring for clients. We speak with our caregivers on a regular basis, and work to help them through difficult family issues, and strive to provide them regular shifts to earn a solid income. Many of our caregivers have been with us for years because of our family-like culture.
- Right at Home offers a competitive salary compared to other companies in our area
- Direct deposit for every employee
- $50.00 referral bonus for caregiver or client referrals
- Flexible work schedules to allow for family responsibilities
- Standard 54 cents per mile to caregivers for mileage driven on shifts
- Optional supplemental life, disability, cancer, dental, and vision through Colonial Life Insurance
- PTO is earned after 1500 hours worked 40 hours per year. Must maintain 1500 hours. Second year with 1500 hours caregiver earns 80 hours. If PTO hours are not used, then only 20 roll over per year.
- Caregivers have training through Dementia Live, and we offer periodic in service training on subjects such as Parkinson's, basic caregiving skills, and team meetings for 24/7 clients
- Ongoing Education through RAH University
- LYFT services are offered when caregivers are in need of transportation
- A Caregiver Appreciation Program is in the works!
- Drug Test (Randoms)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Current Automobile Insurance
- Background Check
- TB Test
- Competency Test
- 2 Reference Checks
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Assist client with taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Communicate effectively with office staff on a weekly basis
- Must be willing to follow all company policies and take direction from office staff
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.