Caregivers for In-Home Care Agency
Right at Home, a leading in-home care provider, seeks experienced caregivers for its new Jacksonville area office. This position is responsible for the companion care of adults. It offers flexible hours and the opportunity serve others with care, communication, and problem solving. Right at Home caregivers work primarily where the client resides, and shifts and activities vary.
Required functions include:
- Providing companion care, including safety supervision, monitoring, meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, social interaction, transportation, and errands.
- Delivering high quality care and dealing effectively with the demands of the role.
- Projecting a sympathetic, nurturing attitude for care of the frail, elderly and/or disabled.
- Lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Participating in orientations, training, and in-service education programs as needed.
- Following policies and procedures as outlined in Right at Home manuals.
- Maintaining accurate records according to our guidelines and standards.
- Reporting abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
Required credentials and skills include:
- High school graduate or GED certificate holder.
- At least 1 year of Homemaker-Companion caregiving experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Use of an insured automobile and a valid driver’s license, or access to transportation.
- Successful completion of CPR certification and our written competency evaluation.
- Successful completion of background checks, including MVR and Level 2 screening.
- Florida state Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensing and/or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification are a plus.
- Willingness to take on-call duties is desired.
- Experience with telephone-based care tracking and ClearCare software is a plus.
- Ability to help set your own work schedule.
- Ongoing, comprehensive training and coaching.
- Potential for recognition, promotion and advancement.
Be part of a new and growing team! You'll help improve the quality of life for those in need, right here in our own community.