Registered Nurse Job Description
Registered nurses are responsible for case management of assigned patients in accordance with Right at Home's policies and procedures and all other applicable procedure manuals, laws and relevant professional standards.
- Performs comprehensive subjective and objective admission and ongoing assessment of client status that includes physical, psychosocial and environmental parameters.
- Formulates an individualized plan of care that incorporates analysis of assessment data.
- Provides skilled interventions aimed at achieving realistic outcomes within a specified time period.
- Modifies and updates the plan of care to reflect progress toward outcomes.
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to legal scope of practice.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural and spiritual differences.
- Coordinates delivery of care along the healthcare continuum using the resources of Right at Home and the community.
- Communicates effectively regarding patient's condition.
- Uses professional nursing judgment to delegate selected nursing tasks when determined safe and appropriate.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with one year of clinical experience within the past five years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past two years.
- Current State RN license.
- Knowledge and ability to provide skilled nursing care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Current CPR certification.
- Available for work on weekends and holidays as required.
- Meets current health requirements to provide patient care.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Senior Disaster Preparedness: How To Plan When You’re a Family Caregiver
If you’re caring for a senior, it’s important to help them prepare for a disaster to help keep them safe if one occurs. Whether your loved one lives in an area that experiences tornados, hurricanes or blizzards, these tips will help you ensure they are prepared.Read more
Infographic: Living Options for Older Adults
Housing options for seniors offer different levels of service and features. It is important to understand all of the senior living options so you can choose the one that is best for you or your loved one.Read more
Overcoming the Epidemic of Senior Loneliness
Senior loneliness and isolation are now widely considered a serious public health risk, as evidence shows they are often associated with a broad range of physical and emotional illnesses. Read these tips to find ways to overcome loneliness and isolation.Read more