Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay
Right at Home caregivers choose to be part of our team because we hire individuals who want more than just a job -- we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are just as dedicated to caring for their clients as you are. You are supported by a staff that provides you with the training, direction and tools to help you fulfill your personal mission of service.
Working at Right at Home has its benefits:
- Flexible scheduling options, full or part-time hours, with immediate work available
- Competitive pay rates ($10-$20/hour), referral bonuses, Caregiver of the month program, paid drive time between same-day clients
- Access to training opportunities to ensure you have the tools you need to do your job successfully and confidently
- Career growth including opportunity for paid time off and hourly raises
- Friendly, family environment
- The chance to make a difference in someone's life
What our Caregivers are saying about Right at Home:
- I tell Right at Home what I am able to do and they give me clients that I can handle. The agency also looks at my qualifications, experience and personality to match me
- The office staff does a great job at communicating with me. My supervisor is open to talk about anything
- I chose Right at Home because I like the orientation that they provided. The training was very thorough and informative. It has made me confident in what I am doing and given me a strong foundation. I know what to expect when working with different clients
- Successful completion of a Kansas-approved Nurse Aide course
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Access to adequate transportation for the job
What we look for:
- A heart for service
- Great communication skills
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level