Caring for an ill, aging, or disabled person can be a rewarding experience. Right At Home is currently looking for reliable, caring, compassionate and mature caregivers who are sincerely interested in improving the life of those we serve!
The ideal candidate should have experience as a caregiver, strong communication skills, problem solving ability, and organizational skills. Responsibilities may include light housework, meal preparation, medication reminders, shopping and running errands, companionship, and assistance with personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and grooming. Right at Home caregivers primarily work in the client’s place of residence. We are looking for overnight care. Great for students or mothers who can nap around school schedules.
Location: Kenosha Racine
We include 2 training modules in our orientation, “HIPAA and Client Rights” and “Caregiver Core Values and Teamwork”. We further require any new hire to complete “Providing Personal Care” and “Helping Someone in a Wheelchair” modules within 30 days of their hire date. We assign additional modules depending on a caregiver’s experience. We also frequently assign an individual, disease specific training to enhance the care given to clients.
- Flexible part-time schedules available.
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided.
- A way to meet interesting people and interact with others outside your home.
- Very rewarding career; professionally and personally.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- The Caregiver shall have successfully completed a written competency evaluation, background screening, DMV screening, and TB screening.
- Minimum 1 year experience with personal cares a plus.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Reliable transportation a must.
Thank you for inquiring about employment with Right at Home. We're looking for candidates who are interested in building and maintaining relationships with seniors and looking for opportunities to give back within their community.
Please visit us in our office to apply at: 6044 8th Ave. Kenosha, WI 53143