Provides non-medical care for patients in their homes. Assists patients one-on-one with various personal cares in accordance with an established plan of care. Performs housekeeping tasks for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
- Flexible schedule
- Part time or full time
- Paid every Friday
- Direct deposit
- Quarterly paid training
- Online schedules accessible 24/7
- Optional insurance available through Colonial Life(life, disability, etc.)
- Referral Bonus
- Is able to work independently. Performs work under the supervision of the Care Management Team.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include but are not limited to:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, grooming, toileting, incontinence care, care of mouth/skin/hair, shaving)
- Ambulation / Exercise
- Eating / Feeding
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs light housekeeping, which will facilitate the patient’s self-care at home. These tasks include, but are not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificaterequired
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One year experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide course is preferred
- Current CPR certificate is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training