Personal Care Attendants to provide non-medical "live-in" care for elderly and disabled adults in South-Central Pennsylvania with immediate needs in western Lancaster County and southern Dauphin County.
Live-in caregivers provide care while living with the client in their own home for 1 to 5 days at a time, switching on and off with other caregivers, or sometimes for weeks or months continuously when those arrangements are suitable. Live-in caregivers are able to eat and sleep while on duty, and have some personal time to themselves while on duty. Live-in caregivers are provided meals and a comfortable place to sleep.
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate is required.
- A minimum of 6 months experience providing personal care. (Two years experience is preferred).
- Able to a pass compentency examination, drug screening, criminal background check, and present evidence of being in the US legally.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license or Certified Home Health Aid license are not required, but beneficial.
- Current CPR certificate is not required, but beneficial.
For immediate consideration, please call Right at Home of Lancaster and South Dauphin at 717-293-7149