- Administers medications to residents according to physicians' orders and regulatory standards to maximize patient outcomes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
- Required: Certified as Nursing Aide and Medication Aide on Kansas Nurse Aide Registry by Kansas Department of Aging and Disability
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications following accepted practices and regulations under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Nurse
- Assists residents with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Assists with resident recreation programs, prepares residents for meals and snacks. Assists residents in eating where needed and records food intake.
- Reads and follows daily care plans; monitors and records vital signs; reports changes in resident condition to Charge Nurse; documents care provision on resident record flow sheets as required and reports accidents and incidents.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding residents` rights. Understands and follows safety and sanitation rules, and promptly reports any violations to supervisor.
- Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and government regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
- Attends and participates in training, educational activities and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization's needs.