A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
At Right at Home of Lincoln we look for compassion and empathy in our caregivers. We want caregivers who will bring love into people’s home. We want caregivers who see this as more than just a job or a way to make money and truly enjoy taking care of people. Taking care of people in their own homes is very different than other aspects of health care or customer service. Our caregivers are there to help our clients live their lives as fully and independently as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
Location: Fairbury, NE.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k After One Year
- Caregiver of the Month Program
- We acknowledge good work and send out thank you notes frequently to caregivers that go above and beyond
Training and Follow Up
Your training begins with our Orientation where we go over key concepts such as clocking in, Care Logs, and the Telephony system. Once your paperwork is complete we go through our handbook and answer any questions you may have and go over scheduling.
Your First Shift
A staff member will meet with you on your first shift to introduce you to the client, go over the care plan, help you clock in, review the Care Log, and answer any questions you may have. We make sure you are comfortable with everything in the plan of care such as transfers and the like.
We do our best to check in with you weekly to every other week to see how things are going, and to check with you for any extra training you feel is needed.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
We are a small, but fun team! We continuously work to support and encourage each other in order to be successful as a whole. If you would like to improve the quality of life for those we serve, contact us today!