Join a leader in the home care industry. Work for a home care agency who treats you like a person, not a number. We value our caregivers and work to help them achieve their career goals. If you value working with aging adults, seniors and the elderly, we want you to join our team!
A caregiver maintains a safe and clean environment. Performs various personal care, housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. Immediate hire for qualified candidates.
The Caregiver Floater works with a variety of different clients who have varying shift needs. This position is guaranteed full time hours. Some work in the office filing and performing other office duties between shifts with clients may be assigned. Willingness to travel to clients’ homes in all service areas is required. Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Medication reminders
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Runs errands and/or provides transportation
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Possess valid automobile insurance
- Pass a background check
- Possess or obtain a valid TB test
- 2 years recent, valid, verifiable work experience
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities) is preferred.
- CNA or HHA license is preferred.