A live-in companion for the elderly provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation, companionship activities and personal care for aging adults, seniors and the elderly in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of, and passing, a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Possess valid automobile insurance
- Possess a clean police record
- Possess or obtain a valid TB test
- 2 years recent, valid, verifiable work experience
- 2 work references
- Ability to complete the RAH orientation training and testing
- Possess a telephone